Skinimalism is a combination of two words. SKIN+ MINIMUM. The meaning is simple. Least use of cosmetics on skin or minimum make up.
- According to Pinterest, “skinimalism” [minimum make up]is in for 2021. What does this mean? “It’s the end of the caked-on makeup look. Pinners will embrace slow beauty and let their natural skin texture shine through. This new ‘effortlessly chic’ routine is simple and sustainable,” the company predicted in its end-of-year report. In practice, “minimalism” means people are searching for terms like “how to get naturally glowing skin,” “face yoga exercises,” “homemade skincare,” and “natural everyday makeup.”
- If you’ve been looking to cut down your skincare routine and focus on the essentials better use multi-tasking products. Accept your complexion regardless of natural imperfections so that it is for you. Try your hand at DIY face masks and minimum makeup then it’s for you, too.
- The dictionary meaning of the word pure is as follows: authentic, clear, flawless, genuine, natural, neat, perfect, real, simple, straight, true, unalloyed, unmixed, clean, disinfected, germ-free, immaculate, pasteurized, sanitary, spotless, squeaky-clean, sterile, sterilized, unadulterated, unblemished, uncontaminated, unpolluted, untainted, wholesome.
- The genesis of the concept of minimalism is in increased awareness about the use of more & more synthetic ingredients in skincare products. The danger of the side effects of chemicals in cosmetics is well known. The more you use cosmetics for multitasking like moisturization, sun protection & brightness, your exposure to chemicals increases. This leads to unwanted side-effects.
- In the past few years, ‘organic’ has become a buzz word in the world of fashion as well as beauty. The increasing awareness of what goes into the making of skincare has led to the growing popularity of organic skincare products.
Remember your inner beauty never needs makeup.