Chip off dead skin cells naturally for a dazzling glow.
- Manual/mechanical skin shedding
Manual skin exfoliation refers to any type of topical skin exfoliation that is applied to the skin manually with fingers or an applicator. It is suitable for normal skin. Mechanical ex- foliation involves physically scrubbing the skin with a mild abrasive such as microfiber cloths, adhesive exfoliation sheets, micro-bead facial scrubs, crepe paper, crushed apricot kernels or almond shells, sugar or salt crystals, or pumice.
- Chemical/herbal peeling
- This type of exfoliation includes the use of creams, lotions, and gels. Chemical exfoliants include scrubs containing salicylic acid, glycolic acid, fruit enzymes, citric acid, or malic acid which may be applied in high concentrations by a dermatologist, or in lower concentrations in over-the-counter products
- Enzyme flaking
- This type of exfoliation includes the use of products such as cleansers, pads, masks, and powders. Plant enzymes are different from AHAs or BHAs because they work by dissolving the top layer of dead skin cells. The main plant enzymes used in skin exfoliation are papain from papaya, bromelain from pineapple, and an enzyme from the pumpkin. Enzymes exfoliators can be used as an alternative to acid exfoliators and work well for people with sensitive skin who cannot tolerate acid. They should also be used by persons of darker skin tones and are generally recommended for acne treatment. Papain and bromelain are proteolytic enzymes that stimulate exfoliation by digesting intercourse- create cohesion and softening of the skin. Unlike AHAs, their activity is not pH-dependent but is activated by water and limited in the amount of exfoliation that can be achieved
- HERBAL EXFOLIATION
In India, many have been used traditionally for generations. They have stood the test of time and are safe to use.
- Luffa: This contains finely ground fibers and walnut shell powder. It gently exfoliates dull lifeless skin cells without being harsh or abrasive and allows new, healthy skin to appear.
2. Algae Extract: This extract is isolated from phytoplankton and sea algae and is one of the ingredients in a preparation that provides the skin with an easily absorbed source of nutrients and moisturizers.
3.Grapefruit Seed Extract: This extract together with essential oils boosts the immune system and creates a purifying environment for the skin. This helps oily, overactive skin to normalize itself.
4.Apricot Shell Powder: Finely ground pieces of the apricot seed shell are used as a gentle exfoliant in scrubs. The scrub combines the moisturizing benefits of the apricot extract with the exfoliating properties of finely ground apricot seeds. This advanced formula face and body scrub helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and leave the skin feeling fresh and smooth
5.Lemon oil (Citrus peel oil): This is obtained from the peel of the fruit and contains citroflavonoids that affect vascular permeability and improve circulation and tone of capillaries and veins. It is an essential oil with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.